Effective: May 1, 2019
Our Services instantly connect people everywhere to what's most meaningful to them. Any registered user of MyLookouts can publish a post, ask questions and create events, which is public, and can include content like photos, videos, and links to other websites.
- By using our Service you understand and agree that we are providing a platform for you to post content, including photos, videos, comments and other materials ("User Content"), to the Service and to share User Content publicly. This means that other Users may search for, see, use, or share any of your User Content that you make publicly available through the Service.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and Email address when you register for MyLookouts account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on MyLookouts. If you’re using MyLookouts on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and MyLookouts. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related Emails.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the web page or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by MyLookouts.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Posts, Following, Collections, Profile, and Other Public Information: MyLookouts is primarily designed to help you share information with the world. Most of the information you provide us through MyLookouts is information you are asking us to make public. You may provide us with profile information such as a short biography, your location, your website, date of birth, or a picture. Additionally, your public information includes the messages you Publish; the metadata provided with post; information about your account, such as creation time, language, country, and time zone; and the collections you create, people you follow, Posts you Like or share. MyLookouts broadly and instantly disseminates your public information to a wide range of users, customers, and services, including search engines, developers, and publishers that integrate MyLookouts content into their services, and organizations such as universities, public health agencies, and market research firms that analyze the information for trends and insights. When you share information or content like photos, videos, and links via the Services, you should think carefully about what you are making public. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide through the Services public for as long as you do not delete it.
Direct Messages and Non-Public Communications: We provide certain features that allow you to communicate more privately. For example, you can use Direct Messages to have private conversations with other MyLookouts users. When you privately communicate with others through our Services, such as by sending and receiving Direct Messages, we will store and process your communications, and information related to them. When you use features like Direct Messages to communicate privately, please remember that recipients may copy, store, and re-share the contents of your communications.
Location Information: We may receive information about your location. For example, you may choose to publish your location in your Posts and in your MyLookouts profile. We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services for example, with more relevant content like local trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow.
Links: We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, to provide more relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US